Board member opportunity
Equality Challenge Unit seeks to appoint an additional Board member to succeed Rosemary Stamp, Director of Stamp Consulting, who rotated off the Board in July 2016.
- Board members need to devote a minimum of five days of time per annum, to include attending meetings and supporting the work of the Unit, and may be required on occasion to represent ECU at public events.
- Board members are directors of the Company. Positions are not remunerated but travel and incidental expenses are reimbursed.
- Committed to promoting the highest standards of practice regarding equality and diversity.
- Track record of success in strategic positions in either the private or not-for-profit sectors in the UK and/or abroad.
- Understanding of effective corporate governance.
- Membership/subscription organisation expertise.
To apply: Please find further details in the following documents:
Closing date: 12 September 2016 at 12 noon
The Nominations Committee reserves the right to interview, although it is anticipated that selection may be conducted on the basis of the written applications only.
Equality Charters Officer
If you would like to apply for the role below, please email a completed application form and equal opportunities form to HR@ecu.ac.uk or post to: Helen Galliford, Events and Resources Manager, Equality Challenge Unit, First Floor Westminster Tower, 3 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7SP.
If you would like to request a hard copy application pack please email HR@ecu.ac.uk or call 020 7438 1010 (24-hour answerphone).
Equality Charters Officer
ECU is currently seeking to recruit an Equality Charters Officer.
Salary: £30,022 per annum
General description of the post
We are seeking to recruit an Equality charters officer to provide key infrastructural support to the Athena SWAN Charter. As part of the equality charters team, the post holder will need to liaise with Athena SWAN Charter members and the Athena SWAN advisory groups.
Application and interview
Applications will be assessed against the requirements for the post as set out in the job description and person specification.
The deadline for applications for the Equality charters officer role is Wednesday 14 September at 12 noon. We hope to hold interviews for this role on Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 September. We aim to notify candidates who have been shortlisted by Wednesday 21 September due to it being holiday season, requests for remote interview will be considered.
Application forms should be returned to Helen Galliford, Events and Resources Manager, Equality Challenge Unit, First Floor Westminster Tower, 3 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7SP or by email to HR@ecu.ac.uk
ECU welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status. We particularly welcome applications from men and black and minority ethnic candidates.