REF 2014 materials
Materials and guidance for panels, subpanels and units of assessment
ECU has been commissioned by the four UK funding councils to develop materials to support panels, subpanels and units of assessment in meeting the equality requirements of the REF 2014 Assessment Framework and Guidance on Submissions.
Code of practice
- Guidance on developing a code of practice
- Key differences between the requirements of the RAE and the REF codes of practice
- Codes of practice: frequently asked questions
Equality impact assessments
- Guidance on equality impact assessments and the REF
- What is an EIA?
- Why do the funding bodies require an EIA?
- EIA methodology
- Engaging staff from protected groups
- Positive and negative impacts
- Reporting and publishing EIA findings
- Equality impact assessments: frequently asked questions
Individual staff circumstances disclosure
- Guidance on encouraging staff to disclose individual circumstances
- Template covering note
- Template individual staff circumstances disclosure form
- Staff disclosure of individual circumstances: frequently asked questions
- Guidance on disability disclosure and institutions being 'deemed to know' about a staff member's disability
Complex circumstances examples
- Worked examples of tariff reductions due to complex circumstances (PDF)
- Worked examples of tariff reductions due to complex circumstances (Word)
Note: The complex circumstances case study examples were updated in May 2013. Example 12 has been revised to clarify how the calculation of outputs should be carried out.
REF equality and diversity training pack
A pack of materials for delivering equality and diversity training to staff and committees responsible for selecting staff for submission to the REF.