This booklet was produced to coincide with the 10th Anniversary of Athena SWAN in 2015. It reports on Athena SWAN's growth and includes a number of testimonials.>
Athena SWAN resources
Guidance, templates and good practice examples to support your Athena SWAN charter award submission.
Pre- May 2015 resources
Action plan template
An action plan template can be found in the May 2015 Athena SWAN Charter awards handbook
Post-May 2015 resources
- Athena SWAN Charter awards handbook, May 2015 (PDF)
- Athena SWAN Charter awards handbook, May 2015 (Word doc)
- ECU’s Athena SWAN application handbook: Research institutes, July 2016 (PDF)
- ECU’s Athena SWAN application handbook: Research institutes, July 2016 (Word doc)
Guide to processes
- Athena SWAN Charter guide to processes, May 2015 (PDF)
- Athena SWAN Charter guide to processes, May 2015 (Word doc)
Membership letter templates
- Letter committing to post-May 2015 Athena SWAN Charter principles template
- Membership letter for post-May 2015 Athena SWAN Charter template
Action plan template
You will find a template for an action plan in the Athena SWAN Charter awards handbook, May 2015.
Logos reflecting the post-2015 Athena SWAN Charter
When you are successful in achieving an award using the May 2015 processes, we will send you an updated Athena SWAN Charter award logo to use.
The Athena SWAN Charter has been built upon activity that concentrated on academic women in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM). The revised logos retain a clear link to the charter’s history.
They will help you to demonstrate that you have been successful in achieving an award that demonstrates your commitment and work in advancing gender equality across all academic disciplines, for your professional and support staff and your trans staff and students.
For institutions or departments that do not wish to change their branding yet, the pre-May 2015 Athena SWAN logo can be used until April 2020. Institutions or departments holding awards made using the May 2015 process will be sent both the revised, and the pre-May 2015 logos to use at their discretion.