Research Excellence Framework and equality workshop: Northern Ireland
A half-day workshop to explore the equality requirements of the REF2014
ECU has developed a half-day workshop exploring the equality requirements of the Research Excellence Framework, specifically for equality and diversity practitioners, following requests from colleagues working in higher education institutions.
The workshops are designed to help you understand how to assist and contribute to your institution's REF work.
The workshops will provide contextual information on the REF, and the equality measures that have been introduced. Key documents, resources and materials will be highlighted and the session will provide practitioners with the opportunity to discuss their institution's REF work.
The workshop will be a mix of presentation and discussion, led by Ellen Pugh, Senior Policy Adviser, or Gary Loke, Head of Policy at ECU.
Topics to be covered include:
- Background to the REF
- Lessons from the Research Assessment Exercise 2008
- ECU's role in the REF
- An overview of the equality elements in the REF
- Individual staff circumstances and requests for reduced research outputs
- Developing a code of practice
Download the full agenda:
Register your place
The event is free to attend, although registration is necessary. If you register for a place but fail to attend there will be a £50.00 non-attendance fee.
Two members of equality and diversity staff per institution are invited to attend. A waiting list will be created for further staff members should places be available.
Complete the booking form and return it to:
Fax: 020 7438 1011
Post: Deepty Harji, Unit Support Officer,
ECU, Queens House, Lincoln's Inn Fields
London, WC2A 3LJ
Booking closes on 18 November 2011.
We are running several of these workshops across the country:
- 16 November, Morning session - University of the West of England, Bristol
- 16 November, Afternoon session - University of the West of England, Bristol
- 21 November, Morning session - University of Manchester
- 21 November, Afternoon session - University of Manchester
- 24 November, Afternoon session - University of Edinburgh
- 29 November, Afternoon session - University of Ulster
- 1 December, Morning session - University College London
- 1 December, Afternoon session - University College London
The hashtag for these workshops is #equalityREF2014
- Event category
29 November 2011
from 01:20 pm to 04:30 pm
- University of Ulster, Jordanstown campus
- Contact Name
- Victoria Lord
- Contact Email
- Contact Phone
- 020 7438 1017
Equality and diversity practitioners in higher education institutions
- Add event to calendar