Using the Race Equality Charter to help implement transformational change
Wednesday 24 May 2017 11:00 - 15:30
Most universities have had strategic race equality initiatives in place for some years. Yet when change does happen, it often is not fast enough or effective enough. Participating in the Race Equality Charter offers universities a big opportunity to create or revise strategies and tactics. This practical workshop will discuss how to position race equality initiatives for maximum buy-in and support; proven strategies for managing resistance to important change, and the classic mistakes made when implementing strategy – and how to avoid them.
This collaborative event will include:
- an overview of the Race Equality Charter by ECU
- a workshop on how to take a strategic approach to the Race Equality Charter facilitated by Fiona McClement, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Manager at University College London
- lunch and an opportunity to network with colleagues from across the sector
Venue: 8.34b, Worsley Building, University of Leeds
Date and time: Wednesday 24 May 2017 11:00 – 15:30
Register your place
This workshop is open to staff and students in:
- subscribing higher education institutions (HEI’s) in England and Northern Ireland
- HEI’s in Scotland and Wales
- colleges in Scotland
You will need to register to take part in the workshop. Please fill out the form below.