Athena SWAN Post-Doctoral Research Associate
Website University of Kent
The Athena SWAN Charter is a driver for organisational cultural change. The University of Kent is proud to have Athena SWAN Bronze University level accreditation and eight School bronze accreditations with additional work underway to undertake Bronze and Silver accreditations across the entire University.
The primary purpose of this post is to undertake research projects to support Athena SWAN implementation and development across the University. The immediate priority will be to support the submission of a University level bronze application by the end of November 2017. Thereafter the post holder will undertake research projects as identified with the Athena SWAN team to support the further enhance the University’s Athena SWAN accreditation both at University and individual School levels.
As Athena SWAN Post-Doctoral Research Associate you will:
- assess how other HEIs organise and manage their Athena SWAN activities
- benchmark our success at attracting female applications with other institutions with a similar geography
- research why women are still less likely to apply for positions at Kent than men
- work on other research projects as deemed necessary
To be successful in this role you will have:
- undergraduate degree and Doctorate in a relevant social science
- organisational and project management skills
- ability to analyse complex data and relate this to research questions in a creative but disciplined way.
Start date for applications: 16 May 2017
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2017
Interviews are to be held: 8 June 2017
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.kent.ac.uk/fe/tpl_kent01.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=40938,4041983486&key=50095765&c=584787650288&pagestamp=sekofkciucquzcmjpm →
Published date: May 19, 2017