Athena SWAN August 2012 Awards
Full winner's list
This is the full winner's list of the latest round of Athena SWAN Charter Awards.
You can find more information on the Awards in our press release: HE sector goes for gender equality gold
Bronze University Award
Recognising that the university has a solid foundation for eliminating gender bias and developing an inclusive culture that values all staff.
- Birkbeck College, University of London
- Brunel University
- University of Aberdeen
- University of East Anglia
Bronze Department Award
Recognising that in addition to institution-wide policies the department has identified particular challenges and is planning activities to address these in the future.
- University of Bristol, School of Chemistry
- Lancaster University, Faculty of Health and Medicine
- University of Manchester, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- University of Oxford, Department of Chemistry
- University of Oxford, Department of Experimental Psychology
- University of Oxford, Department of Physics
- Queen Mary, University of London, School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science
- Sheffield Hallam University, Psychology Group
- University College London, Mental Health Sciences Unit
- University of Warwick, Department of Psychology
- University of York, Department of Electronics
Silver Department Award
Silver department awards recognise that in addition to institution-wide policies the department has a significant record of activity and achievement and has identified particular challenges, has implemented activities and can demonstrate their impact so far.
- Imperial College London, Department of Earth Sciences and Engineering
- University of Manchester, School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Sciences
- University of Oxford, Department of Materials
- University of Oxford, Department of Plant Sciences
- Queen's University Belfast, School of Nursing and Midwifery
- Royal Holloway, University of London, Department of Physics
- Sheffield Hallam University, Department of Biosciences
Silver Department Renewals
- University of Bristol, School of Physiology and Pharmacology
- University of Nottingham, School of Psychology
- Imperial College London, Department of Physics
Gold Department Award
Recognising a significant and sustained progression and achievement in promoting gender equality and to address challenges particular to the discipline.
- University of Edinburgh, School of Chemistry