- Publication date:
Accommodation services: supporting gay students
A leaflet with information and advice for providers of student accommodation
- 3 in 4 lesbian, gay or bisexual students fear discrimination if they reveal their sexual orientation to accommodation staff.
- Students who encounter homophobia in student accommodation can feel like they don't have a safe place to live.
All students should be able to feel safe and secure where they live. make sure that your accommodation service supports all students by tackling homophobia.
Areas covered include:
- Why accommodation service providers, including private providers, need to be aware of the issues
- What is homophobia
- How to make your service more inclusive
- Frequently asked questions