- Publication date:
Managing reasonable adjustments in higher education
Guidance on managing reasonable adjustments for disabled staff and students
New guidance to assist institutions moving towards planned and anticipatory decision-making for reasonable adjustments for staff and students.
Through taking a strategic approach to building disabled people's entitlement to reasonable adjustments into the overall planning cycle, institutions can create a consistent process and allocate sufficient resources, leading to a more inclusive culture and long term cost and efficiency savings.
Areas covered by the guidance include:
- Making the case for an anticipatory approach
- Delivering an anticipatory approach
- Funding and resourcing reasonable adjustments
- Publicising entitlements and available resources
- Recommendations for action