Occupational segregation in Scottish HEIs: disability, gender, race
Tackling occupational segregation is an essential step in creating more equal employment and development opportunities within Scottish higher education institutions, and to help tackle the gender pay gap.
Based on in-depth research into employment in Scottish HEIs, this guidance explores the experience of occupational segregation for staff, and makes recommendations for institutions to encourage positive culture change.
Areas covered include:
- An overview of occupational segregation in Scottish HEIs
- The current response to occupational segregation
- The experiences of specific staff groups: finance, registry and campus services
- Recruitment and selection
- Terms and conditions
- Reasonable adjustments and flexible working
- Personal and career development
Note: A Word version of this document will be available shortly.