Promoting equality in pay
A practical resource for conducting equal pay reviews in higher education
Whether you work in human resources, or equality and diversity, this resource leads you step-by-step through the process of conducting an equal pay review in your institution.
- Step 1: Determining the scope of the review and collecting the data required
- Step 2: Determining where men and women are doing equal work
- Step 3: Comparing pay data to identify any significant pay gaps
- Step 4: Establishing the causes of any significant pay gaps and their justification
- Step 5: Developing an action plan and future steps to ensure pay equality
Written and researched on behalf of ECU by Sue Hastings, equal pay consultant, as part of the Equal Pay (Wales) project.