Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions of use for the website www.ecu.ac.uk
About the terms
Access to and use of this website is provided by Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) on the following terms:
- By viewing the website the user is deemed to consent to all terms and conditions set out below. If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECU reserves the right to change the Terms & Conditions at any time and advises you, the user, that you therefore consult these whenever you visit the site for the most current version.
ECU reserves the right at any time to suspend or terminate your access to or use of the website, and to suspend or terminate the operation of the website at any time and for any reason.
The name Equality Challenge Unit, and the trademark, belong to ECU.
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained on this website is either owned by ECU or has been licensed to ECU by the rights owners. The website contains trademarks, belonging to ECU or those that have been licensed to ECU by the trademark owner for use on the website. Use of trademarks is forbidden unless prior written permission has been obtained by the owner of the trademark.
Material contained on this website may be accessed, downloaded, copied and distributed by users in higher education institutions on the condition that the source is fully acknowledged.
Copying, distributing or any use of the materials contained on the website for any commercial purpose by users not based within higher education institutions is prohibited without express permission from ECU. Contact email@example.com
The information contained in this website is not a substitute for legal advice, and should you require more specific advice you should consult an appropriately qualified professional adviser.
The content of the website is for general information only and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which a specific decision should be made. ECU has done its best to ensure the accuracy and currency of the materials contained on its website but excludes any warranty express or implied as to quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose of the material contained on this website. ECU will not be liable for any claims, penalties, loss, damages or expenses arising from the use or the inability to use the website or from any unauthorised access or alteration to the website.
ECU accepts no responsibility for loss or damage that may arise from reliance on information or advice contained on its website.
- ECU website includes links to external websites. These links are provided to help you find additional information quickly and easily. ECU accepts no responsibility for the content of these websites and specifically excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such material causing damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind. ECU does not enter into warranties in relation to the contents of the site.
- Save as expressly provided, these terms are not intended to confer any benefit on a third party under the provision of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to ECU.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any Court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- The failure by ECU to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
- These Terms and Conditions of use shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with English law. The courts of England shall [subject as set out in clause 14(b)] have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matters arising therefrom.
- For the exclusive benefit of ECU, ECU shall retain the right to bring proceedings in the Courts of the country of residence of any user of the website.
Links from ECU website
If you would like to request a link to be inserted on ECU’s website to your website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We should be informed of any URL changes within 24 hours where possible. We will endeavour to contact you with a decision within 48 hours and would normally expect a reciprocal arrangement from the linked site.
Please note that ECU reserves the right to exclude or remove links without prior notice. ECU accepts no responsibility for the content of linked websites or for broken links.
Links to ECU website
Links to ECU website should preferably be to the home page. Please acknowledge ECU as the source of the information near the link.
You will remove the link if so requested by ECU.
Please note that ECU reserves the right to move pages or change the URL address without prior notice.
Date: 27 October 2008