ECU Diversity in governance event
Wednesday 13 September 2017 12.30pm - 4.30pm
ECU is hosting a series of training days and events for higher education institutions and college governing bodies and related staff. This training programme will run in AY2017/18, building on ECU’s previous research and publications, and focus on:
- positive action in elections and for non-appointed members
- increasing diversity for PCs beyond gender/disclosure
- unconscious bias in governance and recruitment
A launch event is taking place on the 13 September 2017 at Hallmark Hotel, Glasgow, and will feature inputs from higher education institutions and colleges, ECU, VisitScotland, as well as the Scottish Government’s Public Appointments Development Manager, who has been leading on positive action in public appointments.
The primary aim of the event is hearing and sharing what we’re learning to date on equality and diversity in governance, focusing on how we diversify governing bodies. The event will run from 1.45pm – 4.30pm (with lunch at 12.45pm).
The event is being held at Hallmark Hotel, 27 Washington Street, Glasgow G3 8AZ.
- 12.30-12.45pm Registration
- 12.45-1.45pm Lunch
- 1.45-1.50pm Intro
- 1.50- 2.20pm Keynote
- 2.20-2.40pm Challenges- facilitated discussion
- 2.40-3.30pm Panel
- 3.30-3.45pm ECU framing and input on tools/solutions
- 3.45- 4.30pm World café
- 4.30pm Conclusion and next steps
- Kirsty Walker, Public Appointments Improvement and Outreach Manager, Scottish Government
- Sylvia Halkerston, Board Member, Robert Gordon University
- Lynne Raeside, Head of Business Affairs, VisitScotland
- Clare Pavitt, Training and Learning Manager, ECU
- Ann Bell, MBE, Regional Board Member, North East Scotland College
Who can attend?
- Higher education institutions and college governors
- Chairs and secretaries
- Key staff that work with governing bodies.
Register your place
The event is free to attend, but you will need to register to take part in this event. Please fill out the form below.