Call for panel members: ECU gender equality charter mark trial
Sit on the judging panel for our trial awards round in May and June 2014
ECU is developing a gender charter mark to help higher education
address gender inequalities and imbalance in the arts, humanities and
social sciences. In particular it will focus on the underrepresentation of women in senior roles. The charter mark is being developed using
the methodologies and experiences of ECU’s established charter: Athena SWAN, and covers academic staff, professional and support staff, men, women and gender identity.
Trial awards round
A number of institutions and a range of departments are currently
involved in the trial, and have submitted self-assessment applications
to be assessed for awards.
There will be around nine panels held over May and June 2014. Each
panel will have five members drawn from across the higher education
sector, who will assess up to six applications.
We are looking for people to form the assessment panels, particularly
- academics aligned to arts, humanities and social science disciplines
- professional services staff
- equality and diversity practitioners
- HR staff
- staff who have experience of taking part in Athena SWAN panels
Panel members can sit on a maximum of two panels and will be required to:
- Attend a two-hour training webinar
- Read up to six applications in detail before the panel (allow one full day)
- Attend full day assessment panel in London (10:00 – 16:00)
Reasonable travel expenses to attend panel meetings will be reimbursed (see note).
How to apply
To put yourself forward as a panel member, email email@example.com
- Use the subject line: Panel member application
- Include contact details, information about your current role and the experience you can bring to the panel
- Attach a completed declaration of interest form
- Indicate your preferred training webinar session:
- 18 March 2014 10:00 – 12:00
- 31 March 2014 14:00 – 16:00
Please also complete our online poll to show when you are available to sit on an assessment panel.
If you are interested in assessing more that one panel, indicate this
when entering your name into the poll. For example, enter: Amy
Felsinger (2 panels).
Closing date: Tuesday 18 February 2014
Please note: expenses will only be paid for journeys originating in the UK or Republic of Ireland and all travel should be economically arranged, taking advantage of advance booking and, if possible, avoiding open return tickets in order to reduce costs. The equivalent of second/economy class travel or mileage of 45p per mile will be reimbursed. Taxis should not be taken unless absolutely necessary.