Joining up agendas: internationalisation and equality and diversity in HE
Senior management briefing on the benefits of developing joined-up working between equality and diversity and internationalisation
To compete in the global marketplace, higher education institutions need to adopt an institutional approach to internationalisation. Senior management commitment to enabling collaboration between international services and equality and diversity services can result in increased attraction, retention, progression and achievement of international students.
Based on ECU research, this briefing provides key findings and practical suggestions to improve synergy between the two departments to support the learning potential and wellbeing of international students.
This briefing is for vice-chancellors, pro vice-chancellors, senior management teams, directors of international services and directors of equality and diversity services.
Areas covered include:
- Key points from the research
- Potential synergies between internationalisation and equality and diversity
- Overcoming barriers
- Key messages for senior management teams
- Key messages for directors of international services
- Key messages for equality and diversity directors
- Research findings: the Australian experience
- Research findings: examples of effective practice