Research Institutes Advisory Group (RIAG)
More information on the role and aims of RIAG can be found in the terms of reference.
RIAG mailing list
Research institutes (RI) who are members of the Athena SWAN Charter can sign up to the RIAG JiscMail list, which is an opportunity to keep in touch with Athena SWAN events and news, and to post anything which might be of interest to other members.
ECU organises regular meetings for members. Full meeting information will be sent via the RIAG JiscMail list. You can also contact Athena SWAN for more information.
On 7th July 2016, an event for Research Institutes was held at the Natural History Museum. At this event, the Athena SWAN Expanded Criteria for Research Institutes were launched. The presentations from the event can be found below.
- Introduction to the Expanded Criteria, Ruth Gilligan, ECU
- Considering the Experiences of trans staff and students, Gemma Tracey, ECU
- Introduction to Intersectional Analysis, Claire Herbert, ECU
- Institute of Cancer Research- Lessons learnt from applying for awards, Vanessa McKean
- Babraham Institute- Lessons learnt from applying for awards, Anne Corcoran
- John Innes Centre- Lessons learnt from applying for awards, Carole Thomas
- Lessons learnt from reviewing applications, Janet Storey, BBSRC