An introduction to disability equality in higher education
This session will be useful for all staff. It will enable them to anticipate and remove disabling barriers.
On the day
This workshop enables staff working in higher education to consider disability equality in their roles. Through group discussions and practical exercises participants will:
- understand key trends and equality issues relating to disabled staff and students
- explore the terms ‘disability’ and ‘impairment’ and gain an understanding of the social and structural model of disability
- understand the legal requirement to make reasonable adjustments
- explore key case studies in the area
- identify their role in providing reasonable adjustment and actions they can take to achieve them
The workshop is delivered as a half-day session.
The maximum number of participants for this session is 25.