Equality and diversity awareness
ECU’s equality and diversity awareness programme is designed to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and confidence to deal effectively with a range of equality and diversity issues in the workplace.
This session will be particularly useful for staff who are new to a role that involves promoting equality and diversity (e.g equality champions).
On the day
Focusing on skills development and practical application, this workshop brings equality and diversity issues alive through discussions, personal reflection and interactive exercises.
Through group discussions and practical exercises participants will:
- explore the reasons for becoming champions of equality and diversity
- gain an understanding of equality legislation, including the Equality Act 2010
- consider practical steps an organisation can take to create an inclusive and accessible setting for all
- explore the tensions that threaten to destabilise good relations and ways to identify and prevent them
- reflect on the learning from the day and what actions they will take in their workplace.
The workshop is delivered as a half-day session.
The maximum number of participants for this session is 25.