An introduction to the equality landscape in higher education
This is a general session that covers the major equality and diversity challenges in today’s higher education sector. It will be useful for universities looking afresh at their equality and diversity work or for teams that wish to deepen their knowledge and understanding in this area.
On the day
During the session we will cover:
- presentation of data on the key equality challenges in UK higher education
- the legislative framework for equality and diversity work
- universities’ legal obligations: data gathering, equality objectives and reasonable adjustments
- strategic approaches to tackling equality challenges, including an introduction to ECU’s Equality Charters
- examples of good practice in advancing equality in higher education
We would recommend a half day for the session, but it can be adapted to suit your timings.
We recommend that around 15-20 participants participate in this session.
Please allow up to six weeks’ notice when requesting this consultancy.